Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Time? Where Did it Go?

Sometimes I just wish life would slow down. I use to blog everyday, and over the Thanksgiving break and these past 2 days, I just haven't had any time. Where did it all go? On Monday I had 2 doctor's appointments, and yesterday, Genevieve had 2. I am happy to report that everything with Genevieve looks great. She is now 33 lbs and 36 inches (3 feet). I can't believe my baby is getting that tall. My husband says I'm just jealous that she will outgrow me in a year :p She also had an ultrasound to check on her recent Deflux surgery. Everything is in place and looks good. Here is a link about her surgery. We go back in a month to repeat the test that shows if there is still reflux or not. She had a blast playing with the jelly they use with the ultrasound machines. They had to pull out a wash cloth and towel to clean her with after she was done.

My appointments went well. I had another NST which (thank goodness) went fast. The baby is reacting like they want, and everything looks fine. I also had an OB appointment. I must have looked really bad, because my doctor went ahead and scheduled my induction. I was dead set against another one. I was induced with Genevieve, and it was a long, hard labor. It was worth it in every way, but if I don't have to do it that way again, I won't be hurt. She asked me when I wanted to have a baby. I told her I didn't care as long as it was before the end of the year. At that point in time she told me that since I've been measuring early (I'm now back at 1 week ahead of schedule), my thyroid, and all of that, she'd schedule me for an induction if I wanted it, and it would be before my original due date. I think I was in tears when I thanked her. I never felt this tired when I was pregnant with Genevieve. I think it has something to do with chasing a toddler around. So, if nothing happens between now and then, we will have a new baby on Dec 21st. We should be home in time for Christmas, and we look forward to it.

I guess I just have one question for you reading...Would anyone go Christmas shopping for me? I'm thinking about doing most of it online, and have picked out a few things. What I'm waiting for, I have no idea. So, if anyone wants to come up here and be my personal shopper (you will have a budget), let me know. I'm taking applications now :) With everything going on, I don't even know if I will have time to get Christmas cards out. I hope I do. If not, just know you will get "holiday" cards. They may be late, but you'll get them.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I would love to do some shopping in your stead, but I have no time. On Amazon.com, though, they had a free trial for Amazon Prime, which converts to a paid subscription after 30 days. It's $79 for a year if you continue, but it provides free two day shipping on all participating products even during your trial. I've ordered several things that would be out of my way to buy or are impossible to find locally. They've shipped to me in 2 days or less, and since I'm still in my free trial, shipping has been totally free. Look into it. Gift cards are also great, and if you needed any of those, Tom Thumb sells many in one location. I could buy those locally and ship them to you if that was something you needed. Let me know how I can help.

Anonymous said...

.Hey I understand the whole x-mas whizzing by. I'd love to go shopping for you but I think I'm a little far away. After Ryan's episode in the mall last weekend I'm waiting to finish when I can have an extra set of hands. I’ve done probably half my buying of gifts online. It’s nice, click item, pay, and UPS delivers. I think people would understand if you just gave them cash or gift card. I think they are just as nice too.. They have such a vast array of gift cards these days for eating, and shopping places. Good Luck and don’t stress yourself out.