Thursday, November 15, 2007

How Many Cookies Can a Pregnant Woman Eat?

If you were to walk into my home right now, you'd smell cookies. It's taking all I have in me not to eat them. I really want to dig into them and eat every last one of them (there are over 90). I don't think my doctor would think that would be a great idea. What does she know?! She's just a doctor :)

My quest for cookie making started about 2 weeks ago. The secretary/FRG leader called me and told me of the new FRG fund raiser. We would make a meal for company training day, and we would sale it to the soldiers. They have to eat anyway when they are there, so why not pay less, and donate to the FRG? She said that she was going to make chili, rice, hot dogs, and things like that. I asked her if she needed any help. She let me know that there would be an FRG meeting the next day, and she hated that I would have to drive into the city two days in a row. I then asked if I could send anything with my husband for the meal. She told me if I wanted to go buy some cookies or something for desert for 40 people. I agreed and wrote it down.

As I have been thinking about it over the past 2 weeks, I just couldn't stand the idea of buying Oreo's, Chips Ahoy, etc to send. I just didn't think it was right. I thought about some "nicer" cookies but when I looked at the price and how many I got, I decided that it wasn't worth the money. So, I set out on the quest this morning to get stuff to bake (and no bake) cookies. I got stuff for chocolate chip and no bake cookies. Genevieve and I left the house and ran to WalMart and the local grocery store.

You should have seen the look at the store I got. I had apples, peanut butter, chocolate chip cookie stuff, butter, pizza bites, a donut, and paper plates. I'm sure they thought it was some weird pregnant craving in the making. The guy checking me out even commented about the weird verity of things.

We made it home in one piece. I put Genevieve down for a nap, and started on the quest to make these cookies. It didn't take long, and now I want to eat them all. I should have realized this, and made more, but I didn't. I guess it's good for me. I just wonder how many of these cookies I'd eat if I could. Boy, my husband is going to have a hard time not eating these tonight in his hotel room. Lesson learned...Next time I say I will make desert, I better plan to make extra.

No comments: