Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fun Night at the Hospital...NOT

LOL...I tend to say that a lot. "NOT" How old is that?! Oh well. Shows my age I guess. It's like those emails you get. You might be from the 80s if... I always tend to shake my head at more than a few of the things on that list. I guess I'm just getting to that time in my life where I can say, "back in the day." I use to think that 30 was old. Not anymore :p Although on days like today, I feel old.

Yesterday Genevieve and I got up early, and we headed to the grocery store. There were several things we were out of. As I was walking around the store, I started to have contractions. No big deal. I have them when I'm out walking like that. I didn't even think twice about it. We got the cart loaded, paid for, and put in the van. We made it home and unloaded. I put the stuff that needed to be cold away and left the rest.

I put Genevieve down for a nap shortly after. I sat down on the couch with my feet up. I usually do that when she's asleep so I get some down time. As I was sitting on the couch, I started to notice that I was still having contractions. I noticed that there was pressure with them. After I had about 7 of them (in the span of about 3 or so hours), I called the doctor. They had me take Tylenol, drink a bunch of water, and lay down. If after an hour they hadn't gone away, I needed to call back. I had one in that hour at the end, and they had me come in.

We went in and they hooked me up. Of course when you go in everything stops. After an hour on the monitor, nothing had happened. They said they were going to call the doc. A couple of mins later I had one. The nurse came in and I said that I felt the pain I had before. She looked at the paper, and sure enough it was a contraction. At least I know I wasn't loosing it. :p After that, they did the test, checked me, and sent me home.

It was a long night, but I'm glad that everything checked out okay. The baby looks great (heart rate wise and such). Today has been slow. I have a lot of hip pain, but I think it is where the baby is sitting. We have a NST and growth scan on Friday so that will be fun :) We are just glad that everything is okay.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Whew, glad everything is ok. You sure are living a life of excitement! Keep us updated!