Wednesday, November 21, 2007

No TV and A Cranky Toddler

Since it is Thanksgiving weekend, my husband will have some time off. There is a policy that every Friday the company does PT together in OKC. I have talked about him being TDY before, and how much I enjoy the alone time. Anyway, since they will be off on Friday this week, they moved it to this morning. He came home last night, packed, said good night to Genevieve, and off he went.

My night last night went just about the same that EVERY TDY night goes. It's like a check list almost...

1. Get Genevieve to bed
2. Put my feet up
3. Watch TV and surf the net
4. Put the dogs out, bring them in, and get my water for night
5. Take a hot bath
6. Snuggle down in the MIDDLE of our king size bed, watch TV, and drift off to sleep

That's how it goes just about every week. There isn't much of a change in that at all. I don't even *gasp* put up Genevieve's toys for the day. I think I should have last night though because we have company coming in, and I need to run the Roomba and all that fun stuff. Oh well.

Anyway, this morning we wake up, and I go get Genevieve. I just wanted to lay in bed with her and let her watch cartoons. I wasn't really ready to get up. I push power and it says, Channel Not Purchased. Okay? I turned to a local, same thing. By this time Genevieve was getting cranky.

I got up, found the number to the company, and gave them a call. Come to find out (we don't get a paper bill...so I didn't realize) we have a past due amount that has been there since July. So because of that, they suspended our service. After the very nice lady on the phone looked all the way back in my bill history to find this out, she took the payment, and restored service.

This poor woman had to deal with me in the morning. I'm not at my best in the morning. :) I think I might have asked the same questions 20 times. Thank goodness there are people out there that can deal with people like me.

I am happy to report, the error has been fixed. I paid the past due. We will now get a paper bill. And most important, my toddler is not cranky because she can watch her cartoons :) If nothing else, this woman deserves a big pat on the back for keeping Genevieve happy.

No comments: