Friday, November 9, 2007

After 8...

I heard the perfect saying this week on TV. It was "After 8 (pm) life is great." Some days that is just so true. Don't get me wrong...I love my daughter. I love being a mom. I love taking care of her. I also love time alone. I love time to not have someone hanging all over me. I love having time with no whining. I know I'm not the only mom out there that feels this way, so I don't feel too bad saying this.

Today has been a mess. I am really working hard to potty train Genevieve before the new little one gets here. I don't care about naps and bedtime, I just want her to use the potty in the day. If I don't have to have two in diapers all day, my life will be great. I don't want to push her and make life harder on both of us, but I do believe she has shown signs of being ready. She HATES it when her panties get wet. If she poops in her panties, she will run back to the bathroom and stand at the potty. She was dry all day today (even in the nap) until we went out. She did have an accident in her diaper, and then when I put back on her panties, she had an explosive issue. Why couldn't she have done that in the diaper? I guess that's just how it goes. We did move from the potty chair today to the potty ring on the big potty. I guess that is a step in the right direction. Now if she will just tell me when she has to potty.

As I type this, I have the TV on, and there is no other noise. I use to hate being alone or the quiet. Now I really can't wait until I can get some of it. I don't mind being alone, and I love quiet time. I guess not really quiet since I have a TV on, but I think you all get what I mean. It's nice to have nothing to have to worry about, and just to relax for a bit. I have no husband home to fix dinner for. I have no baby up to have to watch. It is just me, and two dogs who are asleep. Life really is great after 8. I hope all you mom and dad's out there have the same great feeling after your day is "done." For the next 10 hours, life will be good.

No comments: