Monday, November 5, 2007

An All Around Ranting Day

Okay so today is just one of those days. If you don't want to hear a pregnant woman complain, it's best to not read this blog post. It's just one of those days, and I need to vent. There was your warning. If you read on, you know what you are getting into. :p

So it all started on Saturday morning. I get up, take care of a few things around the house, open the computer...and nothing. No internet. I waddled down the hall to the office, and sure enough, the internet is out. Thinking it is just a problem with the company, I don't think much about it. Besides, I can get more done without having the internet anyway. By the end of the day I called the company. It hadn't come on, blinked or anything. It was more annoying to not have our home phone than to not have the internet. Well, the company said nothing was wrong on their end, and they would have to send someone out on Monday.

Well, today the guy comes out. He hooks up the cable line in the house, and sure enough no connection. He thinks (like I thought) that the line had been cut. It's happened before, and there are people building a house next door, so there is a good chance that this is the case. He goes out, and comes back in pretty quick. He then explains that someone had stolen our box cable box. I guess it is the box on the outside where they filter the channels that you can and cannot see. If you take someone's box, I guess you can get free cable by hooking it up to your house. (The ironic note on this part is that we don't have cable tv, so that part was off, and when they went to hook it up at their home, they will see nothing.) I guess they were kind enough to take the cable box and didn't plug back in the cable line. It was that easy of a fix, and at least that is some good news.

I don't understand people these days. If you can't afford cable or internet why take someone else's? I have heard of people who will drive around town with their laptops to find someone who has an unsecured wireless internet. Isn't easier to just find a hot spot somewhere. We live in a small town, and I know there are a few places in town that offer that. Why do you have to steal something from someone else?

Okay, that rant over, and onto a new one...

So, someone was asking what people thought about a book. Several people had said that they loved the book, and all that. I stated that the book saved me. I had a girl who would take more than a mile if you gave her an inch, and this book gave me some ideas on how to fix that. I also stated that the book gave me some great advice for getting her to sleep the night and take naps and scheduling. I then put that as parents we have to use what we see useful in the book and disregard the rest.

After this, someone chimes in with the book ruins breastfeeding, and it causes parents to use corporal punishment and shouldn't be used. I then stated that I nursed for a year, had no problems, and still found the book useful. Again you take what works for you in the book, and you just don't use the rest. The same girl responded again with she does attachment parenting and her baby gets whatever her baby wants and has no issues. Okay...Not everything works the same for everyone. COME ON PEOPLE! I know that not everyone does the same thing. That is why I said use common sense. I guess I'm just being hormonal today. Forgive me, and move on now :p

No comments: