Thursday, November 8, 2007

Menu Rut

Have you ever seen someone on TV and wanted to meet them really bad? Every time I see Gordon Ramsay on a program, I wish I could just spend a week with him. I want to learn anything I could from him. His food looks so good, and he just knows what he's doing.

Now I don't think I'm a bad cook by far. I know my way around the kitchen, and I can make a decent meal. I wish I could learn to make much more though. I wish I could do more. I don't mind trying new things, but I get in a rut. In our Mom's group, we have started a recipe share. Each time we bring a recipe based on the theme. Last time was soups and breads. This next meeting is crock pot meals. Maybe by getting some of these, I will try something new.

What's on the menu tonight? Good 'ol easy to cook ham. :p If I am tired, and I really don't want to do a darn thing, I cook ham. I can buy it already sliced, add brown sugar, and heat until hot. Sides are easy for it. On a really lazy night, I can just pop veggies in the microwave. How easy is that :p

I can't wait for my mom to come see me :) I am ready for her to make and freeze me a lot of Chicken Spaghetti. With winter coming, soups are good too. I have several soups I like, but some that I just haven't attempted to make yet. I'm trying to decide what else I would like for my mom to help me put back in the freezer. Is that sad that I want someone to help me cook meals?

Anyway, as I finish this up tonight, my timer is going off. It's time to put the good 'ol ham in the oven. I hope your menus aren't as bad as mine :) Seeing as it's already 8:27, I hope most of you have already eaten. We eat late in our home. Can ya tell?!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Mmmm, ham. Just like bacon.