Thursday, January 24, 2008

Samuel Just Turned a Month Old



How time flies! It just seems like yesterday my husband and I came home from the hospital after having Samuel. In the last month life has gone back to its new normal, people have gone home from visiting, and I have successfully taken both kids out at the same time and not died. (One of my biggest fears)

Samuel has grown from 8 lb 12 oz to 9 lb 15 oz at his 2 week appointment. I am sure he is about 12 by now. He has gotten use to the new sounds around the house, and besides having his nights and days half mixed up, is doing well. As I type he is trying to roll from his stomach to his back (he's about half way there).

As you can see from his pictures, he's getting big. Him and Genevieve are still working on the brother and sister thing, but as you can see, they get along most of the time. We just have to work on Genevieve being calm, slow, and gentle with him. All things that she is not. We have pulled out her baby doll, and I try to get her to do things with her doll and to help her understand gentle. I realized it would take awhile when I asked her to go gently put her doll in the swing. She just threw the doll on the sofa :p I guess she will learn soon. She is a big help, and she does a good job at being a big sis.

One month down, 18 years still to go :)

No comments: