Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I Think I'm Back

So, it's been about 11 days since I had Samuel. I have been home from the hospital for a little over a week. I have spent this said week sleeping, nursing, changing diapers, and convincing Genevieve that her new little brother can stay. She has honestly done better than I ever thought she would with a new baby in the home. Today she had a major meltdown, but 1 in 11 days is fine by me.

So, being back from my short sabbatical, I can't promise I will be blogging everyday yet. I'm just getting use to having two little ones, much less getting on with "normal" life. I have to say that my mother-in-law has saved me this week. They were down visiting for when the baby was born. They told me they would stay over at our home and take care of Genevieve for us. I was worried about how they would do. I know they raised my husband, but that was quiet awhile ago. My fears were put to rest after the first day. They did so well with her. When we got home, she continued to help out by cooking, helping with cleaning, and getting Genevieve up in the morning so I could sleep in and recover. It was the best gift I ever got. They left today, and will go about their normal lives starting tomorrow.

Also going back to normal is my husband. He will be headed back to work as well. I think the thing that scares me the most is getting out of the house with two babies and how to go about it. I mean, how am I going to go shopping to get the things I need? Genevieve rides in the part where kids sit. If I put the infant seat in the basket, I have no room for what I'd need. So, what to do? Also, Genevieve is very good about holding my hand in the parking lot and such, but now with another one, will it work as well? I can honestly say I haven't been so nervous about shopping in a long time. How silly is this?!

Anyway, life is good (except this horrible knot on my shoulder blade). Lets just hope it stays that way. I guess if you don't see me post a blog for a week, call the cops. I probably will need it :) I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year. I am working on a blog about our Christmas, but I want to add pictures, and that is on my other computer. Maybe another night.

No comments: