Monday, January 28, 2008

The Crib Crew

Have you ever just seen something really bizarre that you wonder what that person is thinking? Well I have been wondering about Genevieve's "Crib Crew" for awhile now. I would simply ask her, but I would either get an answer I couldn't understand (It would be in Genevieve gibberish) or none at all. Her "crew" consists of the following: Lovey, Pablo, Uniqua, Tasha, Austin, Tyrone, Diego, Dora, and a pink beany bear. There is also a little pillow and a blanket.

This whole obsession with the crew started about 3 weeks ago. She always wanted Lovey and Pablo with her. I have never been surprised when she goes to gather them up for bed time. However, 3 weeks ago Uniqua joined the group of animals. After Uniqua was there for a night or two, the rest of the Backyardagins joined them (that is Tasha, Austin, and Tyrone for those who don't watch). About a week after that, my mom had come down and bought her the Diego and Dora dolls. Those went in the night she got them. About a week after that, the pink bear was sent to her by my cousin and his wife. That is 9 animals/stuffed toys total.

Now, I slept with a bear when I was little. I also had a dog at one point in time. I think the most I ever had at one time was 2. So why does she need 9 stuffed things in her bed? I don't have a clue. I have learned to pick my battles, and this is not one of them. If she were younger and wasn't able to move as well as she does, I would worry because of the amount of stuff and suffocation. However, most nights they end up around the edge of the bed. She is in the middle with Lovey under her. Again I don't know why she sleeps on Lovey, but I am convinced it is because she knows I could come in at night and take Lovey so I can wash it.

Needless to say, I may never know the reason. Every night all that come out, go back in. She will run around the house and gather them up, and throw them in. Maybe she needs someone to talk to when she wakes up. Who knows?! (I will get a picture of the "crew" tomorrow, and put it on so you can see the whole bunch.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry. My son has 2 stuffed dogs, and a stuffed horse that is as big as him in bed at night. I don't understand it either but as parents we may never know.