Thursday, January 10, 2008

Prayer

So, this Sunday at church the pastor's sermon was about praying. The title was "Pray Big Time!" He talked about how we shouldn't just pray for the ordinary things in life. "Lord help me find my keys," "Lord I need help to pass a test," etc. He talked about how we need to pray for the things that without God would not happen. Sometimes it is hard not to though...at least for me. I have issues with just praying for everyday ordinary things.

He also talked about how if we don't get an answer for our prayers we should keep praying no matter how many times we have done so. He used the example of the man who went to a friend's door in the middle of the night. He wanted bread for a visitor. The man in the home told him to go away because he was in bed. He kept knocking, and because he was persistent, he got up and gave him the bread. He talked about how we need to do the same.

I guess it really made an impact on me because I have been bad at both. I have been praying for little things and haven't really been persistent. It is something I want to work on that's for sure. I guess that is one thing I will have as a resolution. I will pray often, and I will pray big.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That is the best resolution I've heard yet.