Thursday, January 24, 2008

Must Be My Lucky Day

I usually have no luck. As you have been able to tell with a couple of posts about computers and such. I always count on something going wrong and not being able to get things done or scheduled when I need them to be. For example, I called once 3 months early to get an appointment to get my dogs groomed. I don't remember what was going on, but I really needed to get them groomed. You would think that 3 months would be long enough out...WRONG! They were full for the next 4 1/2 months. I guess there just happened to be a LOT of dogs that needed groomed at that time. I have learned to always be put on a wait list if someone cancels. They said there was a pretty long list, but oddly enough they got in before the date I needed them. But life would have been much easier if I could have just made an appointment. The point of that ramble...It's hard for me to get things scheduled when I have a set schedule I need to follow. That takes us to this morning.

So, I need to get my dogs groomed again. I also need to get my hair cut bad. My sister is getting married March 1st, and I want to cut my hair. My hair has one of those rules (esp if I am going to need it to look good for an event) that I have to cut it at LEAST 2 weeks early. My hair grows so slow, so it isn't a big deal that I get it cut so early. My husband and I had this talk. He said I should just get it done the week of the wedding because if I don't, it will grow out before we get there. I kindly reminded him that HIS hair does that. His is so thick and grows like crazy. He has to get a hair cut just about every week to week and a half or it looks really shaggy. Being in the Army, he has to keep it looking good, and so he has to go in that often. Also as I was talking to my husband about this, I told him I would go home to get this done. Besides being extremely picky about who cuts my hair, I haven't found anyone I trust here. My hair grows so slow that I don't make a ton of trips for my hair anyway. I think I have got maybe 4 haircuts in the past year. Not too bad.

I called down this morning just knowing that not only would the lady who cuts my hair be full, but the groomer would be too (I often still use our old groomer up there. She does a great job, and she is very well priced). Well, when I called, BOTH places had appointments in my 2 days that I would be there. I am going to get a hair cut, the dogs will get groomed, and the grandparents will get to see their grandkids :) Sounds like a lucky day to me.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That's a blessing -- I know how particular you are about those things. So glad they all worked out! You're going to travel alone with two kids? Brave woman!