Friday, January 25, 2008

Good Luck Is GONE

Yesterday I posted about how wonderful my luck with getting appointments was. I usually am horrible with my luck that way. Well that luck has run out. It's been kind of ongoing since last night at about 9. My lucky streaks are short lived usually and most always followed with something (we all know what) hitting the fan. These past hours have been a wonderful example.

It all started last night with my husband coming home from work. He usually goes up to the city, but because of late communication and the such, he just decided to stay home. Fine with me. It's nice to have him here. I did miss my weekly viewing with no comments of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, but it is on a lot. However, when he came home, he informed me that his leave for TDY/PCS was not approved. He had asked for 34 days off. We were going to drive out for my sister's wedding because of how much plane tickets were. So, I got looking online and found a great deal of 99 dollars one way. I told him that it would be great because he could just show up, take nothing, and I'd pick him up on the other side. We talked about if it was possible for him to find someone to take him to the airport so we wouldn't leave a car and all that. Finally it dawned on me that because of all the stuff going on in the world, it would be best if he took at least a carry on bag. I don't need him being picked up by security or something because someone dropped him off, and he had no bags.

Anyway, he told me to book in the flight that night because of the rate. I told him I wanted to wait until at least 10 when I could visit with Mom about plans and such. I talked to Mom at 10, and decided it would be best to wait until today to book the ticket because we only got to talk for about 2.5 seconds. My husband was unaware of anything due to being asleep.

SO, he calls about an hour ago and said that he actually would be able to get a day off earlier than we had thought, and was asking about the ticket I "bought" last night. I was thinking how lucky it was I didn't book the ticket because things changed. I told him that I hadn't got it, and I'd go back and look. He asked that I give him today to see if he could get a confirmation back. I told him I would and hung up. That's when the luck somewhat went away. Tickets were up to over 150 one way. I was upset, but it was still a better deal than before. I did look on my travel webpage and sure enough, they are cheaper there. So, I thought...maybe I still have a bit of luck left.

Then the phone call I have been waiting for for about 3 days came. We are waiting for our orders to Germany because of our EFMP (It's a medical screening for family) to come back. They had faxed the info to the people in Germany to look at. On Wednesday I got a call from the EFMP person here in Oklahoma. The people in Germany had sent her an email asking questions about Genevieve. They wanted to know if she had surgery already, what the outcome was, and what needed to happen from there. I called her urologist office, and I got a really nice nurse. She said that the computers were down, but as soon as they came up, she'd call me. Today I got that call.

Genevieve still has between stage 2 to 3 reflux on one side, and it will require further visits. I don't know if surgery is an option anymore or if it is just meds from now on. We won't see the doctor until Feb 1st. The nurse did say she would need to be seen in 3 to 6 months though and remain on the meds. However, I am guessing that the EFMP people sent the email in the first place because it is an issue with us being over there. So that may mean no Germany for us. Although it would really be sad for us to not get over there, the health of my daughter is at the number one priority and will remain that way. We have always not gone where they said we were going (why I thought this was different...I don't know), and we have always thought that there are reasons for us to end up where we are. It has proved itself both times we have made military moves.

Anyway, it may look like we won't be setting out on the great adventure of overseas living. We will just have to see what the people in Germany say. So, I think my luck officially has started the downward decent, and I'm sure something will hit the fan soon. I just hope it is a little something :p I will just ask that if you pray, please pray for my little girl. Pray that everything with her will work out and she isn't on these crazy meds forever. I am still in hopes that there is another option that we can try so she can get it fixed once and for all.

No comments: