Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Best Buds


One of the things that I worried about so much when I was pregnant was if Genevieve would get along in our new family. She was a very independent, only child. She just KNEW she was the princess of the house, and not much would change that. When we were around other kids, you could tell she wanted to always be the focus. She was very attached to me, and I worried how it would play out when the new baby would need to eat, comfort, etc. What would my little princess do?

Well, I am happy to report that this is mostly was my fear only. It seems like she wants to take care of her new brother more than anything. You can tell there are times when she wants undivided attention, and when those times do come, I try and accommodate it. Samuel does pretty good in the swing so we usually sit on the couch and "play" whatever she wants to.

Dealing with her and him on a daily basis usually works out okay because they are both okay with a little down time. It wasn't to surprising when I left them on the sofa to do a few dishes. I can see them from the kitchen, and knew that they were both doing okay. I just thought it was cute to walk in and see them on the sofa together. It's moments like these that make the crazy times seem okay.

No comments: