Friday, July 4, 2008

Well...It's Official!!

Today I got the call from Ft Riley that our Passports made it in. It has only been 2 weeks. I know someone who got their passports there, and they said they had got a call. However, I am usually very unlucky, so I wasn't expecting mine yet. I was hoping for the very best, and I hoped I'd get a call. When yesterday came and went without a phone call, I figured I was out of luck for the week. It's a holiday weekend, and I figured that everything was closed down. You can imagine the surprise when I got the call at 1 this afternoon that our passports had arrived, and I could pick them up any time I wanted to.

After they called, I hurried up and got a shower and headed over that way to get them. The trip over was nice because I only had Samuel. It was around nap time, and the short time from the house to the interstate knocked him out. He isn't into any music yet, so he sleeps just fine to anything I might have on. I don't have to listen to those fun kid CDs that Genevieve just thinks she has to have. I love it when I can listen to "big kid" music.

I now can rest easy knowing that I have all our passports (the one's with the visa in them anyway...that's the important one) in hand. I no longer have to worry about them not arriving in time to travel with my husband over. They are here and after our quick (knock on wood) EFMP screening hopefully next week, we will be cleared for all travel and ready to go. I just pray that everything goes quick and smooth so we are good to go. I told my husband tonight that if everything were done I could rest a lot easier.

I still have a bit to do to get ready for that to be the case. I thought moves were complicated and stressful...I was wrong. I am not going to complain a whole lot because the outcome of all this stress will be a wonderful experience and something that will be a wonderful memory for us. I know that once we get there, and we get our stuff, the stress will melt away and the fun of being overseas will hit. I have started to let myself get a bit excited. I haven't for awhile now because I always felt if I did, it would go away. If I started to think about everything we would be able to do, and what this move had in store for us, plans would change. It has happened before ... more than once.

Well, I'm going to stop thinking about that now. I am excited, and I don't want to psych myself out. Everyone please just keep your fingers crossed that our regular passports will make it in a timely manner as well. They aren't as important (we can get in and out of Germany with these), but it would be nice to have it all taken care of before we leave. Who would have ever thought my 2 year old and my 6 month old would have passports.

No comments: