Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Two More Things Off the List

So today I can officially cross two more things off my list. I have a mental list of things to do before the move. I need to sit down (which I was telling my husband we need to do tonight) and write it all down. I don't want to come into the last couple of days in the US and realize something needed to be done a long time ago.

Anyway, today I got to cross two things off my list. I was told by my husband who was told by someone in another office that we needed to re-do our EFMP screenings. For those who know nothing of the military, these are medical screenings. If you are going to a remote location you have to be screened to make sure they can handle your needs while there. Samuel of course checked out okay, and I did as well. Genevieve has some issues because of her bladder reflux. There are not a lot of pediatric urologist out there. So because she was needing care for her issues, she was enrolled in the program. It caused a lot of headaches, but we were finally cleared for travel. To make a somewhat long story short, I called over today to see about getting in and what we needed to get the screening done again. I was so happy when the man in charge told me I would not need to deal with this. We had got the wrong information or misunderstood what they were saying. So EFMP screenings (CHECK).

The other thing I got done today was to apply for our regular passports. I got to the post office in time after waiting all morning for the guy to show up to fix my windshield. A big truck pulled out in front of me, and he knocked a rock up on my windshield. It cracked it, and I was about to replace it. I guess my car insurance has a deal with a company that they will fix the windshield for free. So I got set up, and today was the day. It looks great now. You can't even really tell that it was cracked.

Back to the point...We got our passports taken care of. I had everything filled out before we went, and I had all the paperwork done and in line for them. I think I learned real quick after having kids, the more you can do before you go any place, the better life is. It's much easier to do a little at a time while they are sleeping than it is to try and do it on the spot. Needless to say things went quick, and we will soon (fingers crossed) have our regular ones here. So, apply for regular passports (CHECK).

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow, you've been a busy lady! Glad you've gotten so much done.