Monday, July 21, 2008

Update on my Father-in-law

So here is a little update. Things have been crazy the last couple of days, and I haven't been able to get this out there. My Father-in-law is doing good. He went into surgery and came out just fine. He said other than being a little groggy from the meds, he felt good. I think my mother-in-law is having a harder time than he is.

Anyway, he was sent home last night. For 2 weeks he cannot really do anything. They did release him to drive, but he is not allowed to do anything that puts strain on him. He was told he could go on walks, but he would need someone there. He decided he shouldn't walk outside anyway due to the heat here right now.

The doctors seem to think that this less evasive surgery should hold. He might still have to have the bipass later, but they seem to think if he changes his diet and everything, this should do fine. He meets with his other surgeon in about 2 weeks to see about setting up his surgery to have his spleen removed. He is wanting to do it about a week after the 4 week mark. That way my mother-in-law will be retired, and my husband will be home from school so he could be there too.

Thank you to everyone who prayed for him. Continued prayers are needed because he is not out of the woods yet. This is a good start though.

No comments: