Sunday, July 13, 2008

How'd She Do That?

Today was a somewhat busy day. I woke up via a cell phone call. When I looked at the Caller ID, it was my Mom's work cell. I picked it up, and it was my Mom and Genevieve telling me to wake up. They were calling because of the big fuss I made about wanting them to wake me up for pancakes. My Mom and Genvieve have started to get up on Saturdays and eat pancakes. It is a big help because it gives me a chance to sleep in one day of the week. I usually don't care a whole lot, but today I knew we were going to be out shopping, so I wanted to eat before we went.

The day went good. We got all our shopping done (it wasn't really fun shopping...more like groceries and such), and we headed home. When we got home, I told Genevieve we needed to change her pull up. I took it off, wiped her off, and I told her I needed to go get another pull up. I then told her when I got back, I wanted her to sit on the potty. When I got back to that part of the house, she wasn't in the room. I started looking for her, and I found her up on the big potty grinning from ear to ear. She then said, "All Done!" She got off the potty from there and we finished everything.

I asked her after that how did she get up on the potty. She would always just look at me and grin. It was like she knew I really wanted to know and by not telling me, it'd drive me crazy. Sometimes when I'd ask her, she'd laugh at me. I could not figure it out.

At bed time I got her ready, and I asked her to go get on the potty. Sure enough she did! I got to see how she did it this time. It was quite a production. She used the wall to help get her up and then she'd use her hands to keep her propped up on the potty. It is a lot funnier to see than to read about. Anyway, I am happy to say I now know how she did it. I wonder if her new "talent" will make her want to use the potty more. Time will tell.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love the blog format! Cute! Let me know if you ever want me to make some changes.