Friday, July 18, 2008

We Are in Need

I have been so busy with everything going on, I just haven't had time to blog anything. My father-in-law has been having issues with his spleen and his blood count. They realized he has an overactive spleen. It eats up the good stuff too. Anyway, his doctors advised him on removing the spleen or chemotherapy to fix the problem. If he went with the chemo, there was a good chance that he could still have to have his spleen removed.

We knew he had some heart damage due to another surgery from when he broke his neck. They wanted to do a heart cath to make sure he was fine in his spleen removal. When they got in there, they realized he had some major blockage. Yesterday they were talking about a bipass next week. As of today, they want to do another procedure that is less evasive. I think it is because with this surgery, he will be ready for the spleen surgery in about 4 weeks. If he were to have the bipass, it would be at least 5 to 6 months.

He goes into surgery in the morning. If you are the praying type, would you please pray for him and my mother-in-law. I have been on the phone with her a lot the last couple of days. I tease her that she is going to block my number because I bug her so much. I just want to make sure she is okay. They need all the prayers they can get.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Hi. I keep up with you blog since you posted it on cinc. I am sorry about your FIL and will be praying for him. Hope all goes well!Take care.
happymommy526 on cinc

Amanda said...

I'm sorry about your father-in-law. Bad direction giver or no, this is not good for him. I'll certainly pray.