Saturday, July 12, 2008

Is It Just Catching Up?

I have been wondering for the last week about my sleep issues. I guess right now it isn't an issue. It is just bothersome because it is so out of the ordinary. A little more explaining...

About six or seven years ago I started to have major sleep issues. I have been a night owl for as long as I can remember. I remember some really late nights with my cousin in the summer time. I even recall waking up with a smilie face on my nose that was put there with a Sharpie. I remember another night with her many years before staying up all night and watching movies on TV. If she is reading, I'm sure she remembers some of these things.

Anyway, about six or seven years ago I really started to notice a difference in my normal night owl behavior to having issues sleeping. I think it mainly started when I started working nights. It was hard to sleep when I'd get home, and then I couldn't seem to wake up. When I moved shifts back to days, I was a mess. I had to take an occasional sleep aid to help with getting to sleep. When I quit my job, I stopped taking them. This made life heck. I was up until 4 am or so, and then I'd sleep really late. It didn't do well for life.

When my husband deployed I just kept up with the night owl routine. I started wanting to be around people, and my sleep issues didn't work for that. It was really frustrating. Anyway, it has been the same story different day for years. I think you get the point.

So, as of May I have actually been tired. I usually go to bed at a decent hour, sleep hard, and I haven't needed any sleep aids to help at all. It has now raised a red flag, and it makes me wonder if something is wrong with me. My Dad tells me to enjoy it while it lasts. :)

No comments: