Thursday, July 31, 2008

Not So Late Night Ramble

I realize it is only 10 pm, and to some that is late and some it is not. For me, it really isn't that late. I'm usually up until 12 or so. I should go to bed earlier because the mornings come early. However, I enjoy the peace that I get when both kids are finally asleep, and I can watch my DVR shows for the day in peace.

I have blogged about having issues with sleeping in the past. There have been a few nights in the past week where I have had issues falling asleep again. However, most nights have just been like it's been recently. When I head to bed, I'm so tired I just fall asleep without issues. Sure I play a couple of rounds of some game on my DS, but that is because I'm use to watching TV in bed to fall asleep. Since there is no TV in my room, I play DS.

Last night was not so easy to fall asleep. It wasn't because I wasn't tired by any means. Yesterday afternoon I was on the phone with my husband when I went into the bedroom to look for something. I looked down, and I saw a HUGE (really only about the size of a half dollar legs and all) spider on a piece of clothing. I shrilled and dropped the phone. I grabbed a shoe and proceeded to beat it with the shoe. When I got back on the phone with my husband, he was laughing hysterically. I then explained to him that this thing was mean. It was a fighter spider, and it would come after me if I didn't get it. The thing was missing a few legs. It looked so nasty. Anyway, I couldn't stand to pick it up because I was shaking so bad.

Later in the night I was going to take my Dad back to get the spider for me. When I got back there, it was GONE! The dead spider (or maybe not so dead) was gone. Now I realize that many things could have happened to this thing. It could have been eaten by another spider, eaten by my dog, etc. It just creeps me out. Needless to say my imagination starting running crazy, and I thought that this fighting spider with missing legs was coming after me for trying to kill it. I shook down all my blankets on the bed, moved all the pillows, shook out anything that touched me, and all that kind of crazy stuff. Call me crazy, but I didn't want that thing getting me while I was asleep. I honestly thought that I felt something on me a few times in the night. I woke and looked each time. Nothing that I saw.

Today hasn't been much better. I still keep looking, and I am keeping an eye out for this thing. If you find a big spider with missing legs, keep him. I don't want it back.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sigh. The cuteness of your blog just makes me so happy. What doesn't make me happy are giant, gimpy spiders. I hate those big monsters, and would have responded just as you did.