Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Who Me?!


If you know my husband and I very well, you know that we do not like for our children to have nicknames. We named them their names, and we do not shorten them. We do call Genevieve "Baby" sometimes, and Samuel has become "Buddy." These are fine I just don't like nicknames like Genny, Sammy, etc.

There have been a few people who have used nicknames for our children, and if they keep at it for a long time, I say something. It really makes some people laugh about how I am pretty big on not using the nicknames. It doesn't offend me or upset me, I just don't care for it. I know I should get over it, because I'm sure as they reach school age and start going, they will have nicknames. I can hope not, but I guess it is ultimately up to them.

So a new nickname came out in the past couple of days. This one was for Samuel. My Dad was joking around saying something about him. Then he stated that Buddy was too generic of a nickname, and he needed something better. He thought for a second, and then it hit him. He thought it would be perfect for him to be called Sammy Jimmy. Somehow I don't see that one sticking with him :p

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You know, I call Genevieve "G" on your blog comments just because her name is so long to type. (Yes, I am lazy. Ahem.)

As for "Sammy Jimmy," I think that's a winner!

BTW, thanks for coordinating your son's clothes with my blog design. He looks great!

AmersP said...

That is an adorable picture!!! I think Sammy Jimmy is a must LOL. You have adorable little ones.