Monday, August 4, 2008

10 Years Later...

It really has been 10 years. I can honestly say it wasn't all I thought it would be. Maybe it was because I expected things to have changed. It was amazing how even after 10 years everything just seemed to go back the way it was when we were in high school. All the people that hung out then seemed to migrate to each other, and there was little mixing around.

We all met for dinner at a classmates house. We talked for a bit and then did dinner. We left after a couple of hours because the kids were getting a bit tired. Genevieve had been out late the previous two nights, and with little excitement there, I decided it would be best to just take them home. It was good to see everyone, and I will probably go back just to see what everyone is up to.

I guess despite my disappointment in human nature, I really am curious about what life has in store for the "kids" I went to high school with. We shared so many different things, and I guess that will keep us connected (even if in a very minimal way) to each other.

No comments: