Saturday, August 9, 2008

1 Month from Today

I didn't notice until a few hours ago just how close our move is coming. One month from today, we will be on a plane headed to Germany. When we started the major process of moving, it was March, and it seemed like it would never come around. Now we are a month away, and it seems like there isn't enough time. I noticed as I was walking out of Subway tonight that it was really starting to look like fall. I know it is because there has been a big storm, and that has brought cooler weather. The heat is sure to return soon. However, tonight it looked like fall.

Something that always gets me is what you think about when you think of certain seasons. Like a lot of people think of Christmas at winter or skiing. When I think of fall, I am taken back to my time spent in Chicago. I can honestly say that was one of the best times of my life. I loved my job, the classes were okay, the people were awesome, and I LOVE the city. There is something about Chicago that just caught my heart.

When I think of fall and think back, I think of the cold weather on that stupid leather sofa. I think about hot coco and walking the streets. I am taken back to the Festival of the Lights that goes on there at the start of every Christmas season. I remember the little shops that I would visit. I remember that my roommate Casey and I would travel down to the Magnificent Mile every weekend to shop or just look around. I remember my time on the trains and the bus.

I know there are times in everyone's lives that they have that have made an impact. I don't know why my semester in Chicago was so significant in my life. I don't know if it was because that is where I was when 9/11 happened. It was just an important time in my life. Maybe it was because I proved to myself a lot of things to myself that fall. All I know is that it is probably one of my favorite seasons because of the memories that it brings back.

One month and counting. Here goes nothing! One of the biggest changes in my life is coming and I think I'm ready :p I learned a long time ago, my husband and I can do anything together. I can do a lot of things on my own, but we do better together. Please keep our family in your prayers as we get ready for one big adventure. We are going to need them to get through that airplane ride with the two kids. :)

No comments: