Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Is it Just Me?

Is it just me, or is this week going by really slow? I have a lot going on this week, so you would think things wouldn't feel like they are dragging on. Yesterday was the day with the least amount of stuff to do, and I expected it to seem slow, but today seemed that way too. Today though, I had a lot of stuff to do. In fact, I was only home for about an hour today. We went out this evening and didn't make it home until right at bedtime for the kids.

I can give you the reason I think it is going slow, but it is only my theory. My husband is due home after being away since March at the end of the week. When you are waiting for something like that, it seems to make time stand still. Why is it when things are so far away time seems to fly, but once you start to look forward to something that is coming it, it slows way down?

The rest of the week is busy and includes a trip to Hays to see Lacy, my best friend from High School. I had promised her that I would come see her this summer while I was close. Things got crazy and busy, and I never made it up there. We talked at the reunion, and we decided to meet half way on her day off for lunch. We don't see each other as much as we would like, but we always seem to have fun when we do get together.

The week will round out with a garage sale. Mom and I have been wanting to have one all summer long. We haven't had time to have one. All of a sudden I just thought why not this weekend? So this weekend we will sit in our garage and sell stuff. If you want a good deal, come to my place! We have lots of junk...I mean great stuff to get rid of.

So everyone pray my week doesn't stand still any longer and that it starts to pick up.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

It's just you -- time is flying by.

Now as for that garage sale, how many hours is it between our houses?