Wednesday, August 27, 2008

When did...

When did life get so busy? Better yet, where did the last few weeks go? I have known for a long time that the last couple of weeks living in the US would go fast and a lot would need to be done. Why is it going so fast though?! It seems like it has just blown by us. We have been in Kansas City the last few days and will be for the rest of the week. My husband's parents live here, and we are having a lot of fun visiting them.

On Monday, my mother-in-law retired from work. She had been at her job at Hallmark for 41 years! I get stir crazy at a job after a year or two. I can't imagine what 41 years is like. She had a retirement party at her work. She brought in close friends and family to start off with. They talked about her time at Hallmark, and her favorite memories. They presented her with a gift, and then they let the people in. She had a lot of people come down and wish her well. I know she is glad to be done. The last couple of years have really taken a lot out of her, and she's really been tired the last year. I know it is probably weird for her to not be working, but I think once she gets use to it, she'll love it. Besides, she has a lot of frequent flier miles to earn :)

My father-in-law is having surgery on Friday. He is having his spleen removed. There is an issue with it being over active. I have blogged about it before. We welcome any prayers and well wishes you have. It is a pretty extensive surgery (about 4 hours long), and it takes a bit of recovery time as well.

As I get a bit more time in the next few days, I'll have to blog more. I hope everyone who reads this is well!

No comments: