Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Forgive Me?

So I have been absent for a day or two. Some pretty big changes have happened. My husband (after 5 months away) is finally home. He made it home in record time, and we've been busy since.

He left Fort Gordon on Friday after he finished his paperwork and picked up his car. He was down the road and made it to my sister's house in good time. It would have been better but I guess he didn't see the exit the first time through (I'm sure it's my fault), and there was a football game, so traffic was backed up. I was told they all had a good time. Him, my sister, her husband, and her husband's brother all hung out. They had dinner, and they played the Wii. I was told that my husband won Mario Party.

The next day he woke up and took off. He only stopped to fill up the car, use the bathroom, and get something to eat. Most of the time it was done all at the same stop. He made the trip in about 10 1/2 hours. We were all outside when he drove up. I had been telling Genevieve all day (all week really) that her Daddy was coming home. She didn't act like she believed me. When he drove up she saw the car and yelled, "THAT'S DADDY'S CAR!" She was so excited to see him.

The last couple of days have gone good. We have been adjusting to life as a family again, and we are excited he's home safe and sound. We have been busy trying to get things ready for our big move. Not too much longer now.

No comments: