Thursday, August 21, 2008

Boy, How Times Have Changed!


I remember when I got my first CD player. It was for my 16th birthday. I can't remember my first tape player, but I remember having a really "cool" one a few years earlier. At the time I got the CD player they were still pretty pricey. My Mom was in school full time, and it made times a little rough.

I have always said I wanted an Ipod or Zune. When we got a new laptop at the first of the year, I told my husband I was going to buy one. All of a sudden he just said, "Sure! Get one." I was in shock.

So, did I get one? No. I all of a sudden couldn't decide on what kind I wanted, what size of memory, and most important...what color. I looked all day while he went to different stores looking at laptops. I kept thinking about it, and I just couldn't make up my mind. I also didn't know if I would really use it to be worth spending the money. At that (and this) point in time, no it wasn't.

I do find it funny that I thought it necessary to buy a kid one for Genevieve. My excuse? I got it for the trip to Germany. I was hoping that it would be one thing she could use to occupy some time on the plane. I am hoping she sleeps, but just in case, I'm set. My baby has an MP3 player, and I don't :p I'm sure in no time she'll be the one teaching me how to do things. Now that's scary.

No comments: