Saturday, April 26, 2008

Why Do I?

I am not going into major detail here on what happened today. It wouldn't matter if I did. It's just the same story different day. I always feel the need to give into others. I always tend to feel guilty if someone isn't exactly happy or thrilled with what is going on. For example, if I wanted something to go one way, and you did not, I would feel guilty that you do not like my way. About 8 out of 10 times I will change my plans or mind to go with what you want. I'm a total people pleaser, and most of the time it just makes me upset.

There have been times when I have wanted things to go one way. After visiting with all parties, I changed my mind and submit to the way others think it should be. I don't know if this is the reason I do it, but I always have a strong need to be liked, fit in, and please others. There haven't been too many times when I stand my ground. I NEED to, but I just don't. I have no idea why I can't/won't do it.

Not a long blog today, just to the point. I guess I need to work on it. I have something coming up that is going to be very hard for me to stand up and take charge. I hope that I can stick with the plan. I just don't think I'll be happy if I don't. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

OK, you can't post something like that and NOT call your blog-stalking cousin with a follow-up. We're out of town right now, but I expect a call this week, o elusive one...