Saturday, April 5, 2008

New Big Girl Chair

I guess it is that time in my kids life where it is time to grow up. Genevieve moved quickly into a new seat from her infant seat. At her 4 month check up, we learned that she was about to outgrow her seat, and we went and got a new one a few days later. Samuel had an appointment to get checked out (he's stuffy), and I found out he's only an inch from outgrowing his infant seat. So, today was the day. I went out and bought a new car seat...still for Genevieve.

Genevieve is a big girl. If I would have known then what I know now, I would have tried to accommodate this fact a little better. We got her a car seat that converts from a 5 point harness, to a backed booster, to just a booster. Thinking we'd be set, we went on about life. When we realized that the seat only forward faced to 40 lbs, and she is already 36 lbs, we knew she'd need something else. I was all set to shell out the money for the expensive seat, and then Graco came out with one that solved all our problems.

So today I bought her a new "big girl chair." It is in the van, and she has taken a ride in it. She loves the cup holder, and I think she likes it. Samuel is now in her old seat. Boy does time fly.

No comments: