Sunday, April 20, 2008

I Just Acquired a Laptop

So after Christmas we bought a new laptop to get rid of our desktop computer. We are moving overseas, and we just wanted to downsize. When Aaron left for school, he took my OLD (as in just about 6 years old) laptop with him so we could talk online. I had told him time and time again that it is horrible. That thing is slow, and it's just ... well old. I told him I'd be happy to keep it, but he left me with the new one.

As the weeks have gone on, he has determined that the one he took is in fact old and in fact really slow. He has been having issues with it, and I told him awhile ago that a bottom of the line one isn't really that much money, so just go buy a bare bones one, and I'll bring this one to him to trade.

Yesterday he was on the phone when he entered a store and I heard the following conversation over his blue tooth.

"Hey Man, Can I help you?"
"Not right now. My wife gave me permission to send money, and I'm looking to see what I want to get."

He did find a laptop, and to my surprise, he wants to keep that one. It is not as powerful as the one he left me, and it doesn't have the same things, but he likes that one. It is smaller and can fit in his Army bag that he already has. So, I just got a new laptop, and I didn't even have to go shopping for one :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow -- congratulations! I love our laptop. It's made me exceedingly lazy, and I'm happier for it. :)