Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sleep? Do You Ever Get Any?

So I've had a sick kid and one going through a growth spurt. I feel like I have had no sleep in the past 2 weeks. I told someone that I had Genevieve, and I wasn't use to a full night of sleep. Yeah right! I was getting more sleep than I actually thought I was. I'd do anything to have one good night of sleep. With the way Genevieve is sleeping so far tonight, I don't think this is that night. Maybe after tomorrow and a couple more doses of meds, she will sleep again.

Early this morning she was in the bed with me. She wasn't sleeping good, she was hurting, and she wanted Momma. So I just brought her to my bed. After a bit of laying there I asked her if she'd like to sleep in her big girl bed tonight. She smiled at me, and she shook her head yes. I thought to myself, "Jackpot!" She then told my Mom and Dad that she wanted her big girl bed. So, I got it ready, and we moved it up to her room.

As bedtime came near, I talked to her about her bed. She kept telling me that she wanted to sleep in the big girl bed with her fuzzy blanket. Anyway, we went back for bed, and she didn't want anything to do with it. She kept pointing to her crib and said, "this bed this bed." So that is what we did. It was a failed attempt tonight for the big girl bed. Maybe she'll get use to looking at it and not think it's so bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sleep, I wish some nights I had more. Isn't it funny how kids can be. We moved Ryan to a big bed a couple of months ago because he refused to sleep in his crib/toddler bed and was always in bed with us. Now with the big bed it's a sometimes a guess if he'll stay in it or in the early am hours wake up and end up in ours. Terrible thing is, he comes to my side and I put him in our bed, half the time I don't remember doing it.