Sunday, April 6, 2008

Random Thoughts for the Day

So, I have nothing major to blog about, but I just felt the need to write something down. You aren't going to hurt my feelings if you just skip this one, and you move on. If you don't, I don't want comments about how random or dumb this is :p

First lets talk about shoes. :) Now I like shoes. I'm all for getting a nice pair here and there. This week I have bought 2 new pair. I got a cute pair of black shoes that look like a cross between tennis shoes and sandals. I loved them so much, I went back and bought the same pair of shoes only in bronze. Like I said, I like shoes, but Genevieve is a shoe NUT. We went into Payless, she looked around, and then with a great amount of excitement said, "OOOhhhhh Shoes!" My Mom is a total sucker, and she has bought Genevieve 2 pair of shoes in the past week. I have to admit, they are very cute, but 2 pair!? She loves her shoes so much, some nights it is an uphill battle to get them off her feet for bed. I sent my cousin an email, and I guess her daughter is the same way. It must run in the family.

Our plans for the day yesterday were postponed when I had to take Genevieve to the ER. At school on Friday they noticed at the end of the day that she had what they thought was Pink Eye. I saw a sign when I dropped her off that said on the last day she was there, someone with Pink Eye was there. I didn't think anything of the Pink Eye, and I just put her drops in her eyes (she usually ends up with it when she gets an ear infection so I have drops on hand usually). Well, Friday night she was not sleeping well. She was up a lot. By Saturday at noon, I decided she needed to be seen. She was stumbling around, and you could tell she just didn't feel good. Sure enough, she had another ear infection. I asked the ER doctor about it, and she said that this time of year some kids that get colds can't keep an ear infection away. I'm hoping this is the case, and we don't need to put tubes in her ears. Just in case you care about what plans we had...We were headed to Red Lobster for my birthday dinner. I think we will go tonight if she wakes up in a good mood from her nap.

Speaking of birthday plans, today is my husband and I's 6 year anniversary. I just can't believe most days I've been married that long. Before my husband, the longest I had been in a relationship was about a whole 9 months. I was one of those people that if I knew I didn't have any interest in marring you, I didn't want to prolong it. To me that was what dating was about. So to think of being with my husband for 6 years is crazy. The 6 years is marriage, and we dated for 2 years before we were married. I have been with him for a whole 8 years. Scary! I don't know how he's put up with me for that long honestly :p He must be a good man because it takes one to deal with me.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!! I haven't been into basketball for a long time now. I don't know why I started to watch this year, but I did. My husband and I talked about if they did make it to the Final Four, they'd have to play UNC. Well, the head coach for UNC is none other than Roy Williams. He use to coach at KU until he was offered the head coach job at UNC. I had always felt if they did play UNC it would be a very long, hard, game that would come down to the wire. I was very surprised last night when that didn't seem to be the case at all. KU came out and just took off. There were a couple of close calls, but UNC never had the lead or tied KU (believe me it came close, but it didn't happen). Anyway, I can't wait until the game on Monday!

Okay, I think I have gone on enough. I'm sure not many of you have made it this far :p If you did, bless you for hanging in there. I hope everyone is having a great start to April.

No comments: