Thursday, August 11, 2011

Zombie Virus Free!!

It's been a couple days since my last blog. It's been a busy few days in our home. We are in full blown Operation Move the Family Across the Ocean. It's been appointment after appointment. The other day we had the movers here walking through our place to see what all we had that needed to be packed. Today we were visited by customs.

I usually don't worry to much about all these inspections, but I have heard that the inspections over here are a bit more on the difficult side to pass. If you are in the military or have talked with me about moving, you understand how picky they are about things. Silly things like when you move out, you need to make sure and clean out the light fixtures and my all time favorite is that you must clean the trash can...the outdoor trash can.

As I was saying, the customs guy came today to make sure everything was clean. They were mainly looking at outdoor things and tools. He came to the door, and the conversation was kind of funny.

Hello, I'm here to do your customs inspection.

Good morning. I'll get the keys.

Well, I need to look to see if you have any planters or potted plants, then look at your patio furniture.

We don't have any of that.

I still need to look on your patio.

We don't have one.

Well, I'm going to have to look to see if there is anything on it.

We don't have a patio at all. Nothing is back there.

Oh, okay. Let's go downstairs then.

I thought this was really funny. Like a balcony all of a sudden appeared. The inspection lasted all of 5 or 10 mins though. He said everything was great, and we were zombie virus free. :)

Things are coming together. We are one step closer to having a place to live when we get there. I have also gotten a lot of the information for Genevieve to start school. We just need to have our stuff picked up and get things headed that way. While it has been busy and will continue to be busy, things are happening, and we will be home before I know it.




No comments: