Monday, August 8, 2011

Oh the Money You Save

Today was a busy day spent on the phone. I spent time calling the many departments of USAA (our bank) to see what all needs to happen before we move. I needed to also get some other information.

I remember when we moved here. I called to change our car insurance, and it was a good thing I was sitting down. Until today I didn't remember the price difference, but I knew it was shocking.

Like I said, today I called to check about a few things. We are going to be selling our hoopty, and I remembered that there was actually a storage rate. The man on the phone was very helpful letting me know what info I needed when calling after the sale, and when to call. He also made my day telling me that when we ship our van our bill will go down to 25.50 a month! While on the phone he said he would give me a quote for our new location. It looks like we will be saving about 80 dollars a month just in car insurance. We will save 136 dollars a year on our renters insurance. That is almost 1100 dollars a year!! It's not a ton of cash, but it's a nice bit back in our pocket.

There are many other things we pay for that we have gotten use to. I know that in Kansas, gas is much cheaper than the just about 4 dollars a gallon we pay here. I also know that the exchange rate isn't great, and I pay for Genevieve's school in Euro. She will start public school when we get back so that's a bit right there too.

I do know that we will have to adjust to life back in the US. I won't have to get use to turning right on red again, it being cheaper to eat out, and the parking spots being big enough for my van. Things that I will have to worry about...speed limits!

Anyway, just rambling about nothing really tonight :) Hope you are all having a great one!



No comments: