Friday, August 26, 2011

How Clean Can a Van Be?

As I type, we are waiting to have our van inspected. We have poured blood (I can't tell you how many scrapes, cuts, etc we both have), sweat, and tears over this thing. When we dropped the van off to ship here, my cousin went with us to bring us back to her home and eventually the airport. She looked in it, and said something like,"This isn't clean?!" We had no issues shipping the van here and passed with flying colors.

The day before yesterday, my hubby went into major OCD mood and we both spent about 4 hours in detailing the van. Everything looked great, but we were in for a shock. We brought the van over and just had them look at it to see if it would pass. The answer was no. They pulled back the rubber to see if there was dirt and dust, any tiny speck of anything in the carpet was flagged, and there was a lot more. The 5 hours we had put into the van hadn't really done much.

We came home yesterday and spent another 3 or 4 hours cleaning. We pulled back anything that could be, and we scrubbed like mad. We have been cleaning so much our battery died just from the dome lights. That's a lot of work!!

Now we sit waiting for someone to come look at the van and make sure it is zombie virus free. I've got my fingers, toes, and everything else crossed that they pass it because if they say no I really think I'm going to cry.

****Time elapsed****

So it is now bedtime, and I'm happy to report that we did in fact pass our inspection. It did take a long time, but it's over. We are now without a van or car of any type.

Thank goodness all that is over. Now we have to hustle to get our apartment ready for our check out. That's the last hurdle.

1 comment:

Lace said...

Glad to hear it finally passed. I'd be crying with relief.