Sunday, August 14, 2011

220V Craziness Around Here

So I thought I was doing pretty good at keeping the amount of 220V stuff to a low number. I knew we would only be here 3 years, and at the end most of the 200V stuff cannot return to the US with you. Well, it can, but it just won't work right, nor would I want to try.

As I have been trying to get ready for this next week, I have run into a lot of these items. One might think having the military move you is easy because you "don't do the work." However, I have argued with my Mom many times that I feel it is not easier. When you move yourself, you can do it over several weeks and go through everything while packing. You can decide that maybe you just don't want that any more. You also might find treasures you had been missing. This just doesn't happen with our moves. It is all done in two days. The packers show up bright and early. They enter a room, and they pack EVERYTHING no matter what. I know of people who have had trash cans with trash still in them, ash trays with ash and buttsnin them, etc. If it is there, it will be packed.

This type of situation makes for a lot of pre packing work. Everything has to be ready to go and separate so they won't pack whatever it is up. While unpacking my kitchen here in Germany, I found our garage door opener from our home in Oklahoma. Oops! I sent it back to them.

Anyway, tomorrow is our busy day. We have to get through both kid's rooms and get rid of toys, clothes, etc they don't need. Then I need to pack their bags so we are ready to go. I think my stuff will be a little easier, but I know my jewelry is going to be a nightmare.

I'll report back tomorrow and let you know how much actually happened. :p



No comments: