Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Trucks and Boxes (and an Award too)

So this is our life for at least the next day or two. The packers came this morning and have been at it full force. I really couldn't have asked for


better movers. They really have worked hard and have got most of our stuff put into boxes. It's amazing how when you move there is a period of time where it takes to really feel like you are moved in and home. For us it is alway at least a month or two after we get our stuff. We have to have a home for everything, and I have to know where it is without thinking.

Today I realized how quickly all that "at home" feeling can be packed up. By lunch time the movers had both kids rooms packed, most of our bedroom, and about 80% of the living room. If it were up to me, that would have taken a week (or more if I'm really being honest).

Yesterday was busy not only getting ready for our move, but also because my hubby got his award. It was a great day, and it is always great to hear that all his hard work didn't go unnoticed. To see his co-workers there wishing him luck with his next step was just great for me to see. It made the past two years with all the late nights and time away somehow okay. To know that the people who need him really did appreciate him was great to see.

So here goes a different busy for moving. Somehow today it officially feels real with all the boxes and stuff gone. I'm sure we will stay busy and have a lot to do. I'm hoping for a time out this weekend for a trip to the pool. I think it's well deserved. :)

No comments: