Saturday, August 20, 2011

Nothing Like a Dead Animal in the Morning

I've decided that living out of a suitcase really blows. What's worse is all four of us living in suitcases and with the bare minimum. The good news with only having four plates, cups, etc is there is no reason to run the dishwasher. It's really easy just to hand wash and be done. I haven't done a luggage count, but I know it's got to be at least 8 bags, if not more.

So this morning started out really interesting. My hubby went out to take care of some business. Just a few seconds after he left, he called. All that was said was, "Come out here now." I was expecting to find the car in nonworking order. I was surprised to see a hedgehog dead right by his car. I haven't ever seen one of those over here.

The second weird thing was this afternoon. We are working on the van trying to get it ready to ship. When hubby popped the hood to put on the engine cleaner, I found what at first seemed to be a French fry. Now I wouldn't think twice if one of these turned up IN my van. Upon further inspection, it was not a fry, but it was a rib bone. How'd that get there?!

All in all it was just an odd day. I just can't wait to find my new normal.



No comments: