Sunday, August 7, 2011

iTunes is for the Devil!!

So I said last night in my blog there are many reasons for me to get back into it. Mainly I think that blogging is a type of therapy for me, and right now I can use it. There are a lot of stressors in my life, and maybe with this new outlet, it will help me to just let go, relax, or whatever the situation calls for.

Today I'm bombarded with the millions of things on my calendar. It only came to be that way by chance. Last night my hubby was trying to sync his iPod. We have been trying to downsize our computer/tech stuff and this goes for laptops. He recently moved his iTunes to the computer we are consolidating to. I did this awhile ago when we bought the computer. I had zero problems with the change over.

Anyway, he has synced twice now and each time it has erased most of his apps and taken off music and added some. It just messes everything up. Again, I have no issues with my account for either my iPod or iPad. Watch though now that I say that, I'll do something wrong next sync. This removing/adding/whatever really gets to him. He says he hates his iPod (my old one) yet I think it's a front. I guess the software is just made for those of us who just don't question and just plug in and let it go. With him having a lot more knowledge of how things work, I think he over thinks it.

All this to get back to my original comment about being overwhelmed. In his frustration he said something about erasing my iPad and clearing all the data. I realized then that all those dates in my planner would be lost. Not only are there so many that I can't recall even half of them, I just don't even want to deal with that. I wonder if I have made a mistake not keeping a paper copy of a planner as well. However, I don't think I could go back to paper. This is just so much easier for me.

As I might, or might not have said last night, my saving grace is that come a month from now we will be back in the US, and the hard part will just about be over. I am really praying hard that the business class doesn't fill up because we are on the upgrade waiting list. With all of hubby's travels, he had enough miles for us all to fly home in business. If we do, it will make all those trips home alone with the kids well worth it.

If you came back to my blog, thank you! If no one did, I often talk to myself anyway, so it's nothing new.



No comments: