Saturday, August 13, 2011

No Good Very Bad Day

Ever have one of those days were you wish you could just go back to bed and not get up? That's me today. It's was a hard night last night and a hard day today. I think it was a great candidate for a go back to bed and wake me when it's over.

Some of the stuff I'm not going to talk about on here. I'm just really discouraged right now. I felt like we were moving forward with this move, and now, I feel like we are right back at the start.

Not only do we have that, but Genevieve is also a mess. She is very emotional right now about just about everything. Today she was in tears about things as big as leaving friends behind and as small as her seat belt making her "hot."

I remember what it was like to have to move when I was a kid. I am very aware of how upside down and sideways her life is right now. It's a hard balancing act trying to keep her calm and just giving in because it is easy. I do know first hand what it is like to move as a child, and so I try to remember what I felt all those years ago.

I also have to deal with my own grief with the move. I have to deal with leaving all my friends behind. As I'm gearing up to fly out, they are all getting ready to start up my (and their) usual activities for the year. I got the evite for MOPS, and I was sad to have to respond no. I know that other activities are going to be starting up as well.

I know when we finally get there, get settled, and feel comfortable, it will all be okay. It's just getting there that's hard. So if you have any thoughts or prayers to spare, we could sure use a few.



Location:No Good Very Bad Day

No comments: