Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Nice Surprise


I was out of town last week. I went up to visit home to get my hair cut and dogs groomed. My sister is getting married in a couple of weeks, and I wanted to make sure that new cut look that doesn't look good on me was out of the way. I was gone over Valentine's Day, but it wasn't a big deal. We don't usually do much of anything. My husband use to say something like he doesn't like to take part in holidays where you are made to feel bad if you don't buy something for the other. The first few years we were together, it disappointed me, but over the years I have learned that it isn't so bad. With him doing nothing, it means I'm off the hook too. There have been years that I have done something small but thoughtful, but most years we just say, "Oh yeah. Happy Valentines Day."

On Feb 14, I called my husband to let him know the information for Genevieve's "school." They have web cams in the rooms. You can log on and watch them while they are in the rooms and on the playground. It was really neat to watch her interact with others while I was not around. She really does good with others despite my fears.

Anyway, I called to give him the info. After we talked for a few mins, he said, "Oh, it's Valentines Day. I thought that is why you were calling." I had totally forgot about it being the day of love. I really only saw it as a day that I had a few things to get done before heading home the next day.

I headed home on Friday and walked in o a nice surprise. On the table was the flowers pictured above. There was a very thoughtful note attached to it as well. I guess sometimes your husband can surprise you after almost 8 years.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Aw, how sweet! It's about time, you know, after carrying two children for him. I wonder what he'd give you if you birthed another child. :) Just kidding!

They're so lovely -- what a sweet husband!