Friday, February 15, 2008

Seven Weird Things (meme post)

So my cousin Mandi tagged me for a "meme." In this one, you have to tell seven weird things about yourself. I’m going to give it a shot. I wonder if I can find seven. Maybe the question to myself should be can I only write about seven?

1) I have a degree in Technical Theatre. My emphasis is in Hair and Make-up Design. I won a few awards from designs I did, and I really love doing it. I have taken classes, done internships, and I was even in a Playbill during my time in Chicago. I have spent hours on just one wig. I can take a wig that should be thrown away, and I can transform it into a wig that is styled and beautiful. I have done so many make-up designs and applied it to others, that I could probably do age lines and tattoo cover-up in my sleep. I have done anything from very natural in today’s time to fantasy looks that were airbrushed on.

Why is this so weird? Well if you saw me, you’d know why. I have done it so much that I don’t like to do it on myself. If I put on make-up, I have to do it full blown. This doesn’t mean I do my make-up to look like Mimi Bobeck on Drew Carry, but I want to put it all on. I notice small things that no one would. I can tell if my eyeliner is not even, smudged, or not in the right place. I can tell when my lipstick starts to fade in one area but not another. So I choose not to wear it half the time. It’s not that I can’t do it, it’s that I don’t. It drives my husband crazy, and I totally get it.

2) I have no desire to have a “career.” I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up, and the idea of having a regular 9 to 5 job makes me crazy. I have had jobs in the past that I have really enjoyed, and I would do them again. However, these jobs are not something that I have a desire to do every day for the rest of my life. I am perfectly happy finding odd jobs to do as we move. I have done things like working in a nursing home (several actually), working wait staff at a dinner theatre, typing up wills and probates, and being a teacher’s aid. Some of these have been very rewarding. Would I want to do them forever? No.

3) I work much better when I’m talking on the phone. Example: I hate dishes, laundry, and just overall cleaning. As you can tell from one of my other posts, I am trying to get rid of clutter in my home and life. I dread having to do chores every day. I have tried many things to make it “fun,” but none of those have helped. If it weren’t for my husband, I probably would not be as neat as I am (which isn’t that great right now). I think that de-cluttering will totally help me on this though.

Anyway, I hate all these things, but I find they are much better, and they go much quicker if I just talk to someone on the phone. My friend Hope is my dishes buddy. Sometimes I do them when I am chatting with Lacy too. It all depends on the day and who calls or who I call. Why does it help? No idea, but hey, whatever works right!?

4) I can’t believe I’m going to admit this, but it is asking for WEIRD things. I actually like the smell of skunks. I see one dead on the side of the road, and it doesn’t make me cringe like most people. I have been this way with a lot of smells even since I was little. I remember a book I had that had scratch and sniff stickers in it. There was one of a pickle that I’m sure many wouldn’t care for. It was my favorite over the bubble gum, strawberry, and others they had.

5) Some may say this is weird and others not. My husband can’t say anything about this one because he is the same way. I have issues with living anywhere for a long time. When we first got married, we seemed to move every year. After the 3rd year, we didn’t move. We started to feel really antsy and couldn’t understand why. We realized it had been a year and a half since we moved. It was at that time we started to look for a home to buy. That in itself is weird since we didn’t like to stay in one place too long. We have lived in our current home for almost 3 years now. You can imagine how antsy we are. It actually hasn’t been too bad staying put, but I am defiantly ready to move on.

6) I talk to myself. This in itself isn’t that weird, but I will have entire conversations with myself. Sometimes when I am mad at my husband, I will argue with myself and pretend like I’m arguing with him. It usually makes life much better for both of us. I usually work things out with “my husband” before I even see him again.

7) I watch House Hunters, and I actually think about where my stuff would go. I think about what colors I would paint the walls, and what upgrades I’d like to make.

I’m not going to tag anyone because I don’t really have anyone else to tag. However, if you would like to just take this meme and use it, feel free.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sheesh, what a weirdo! :P Thanks for playing along!