Wednesday, February 20, 2008

An Update on the Clutter

So I said I'd do it, and I have. I have gone through all my clothes, and I got rid of about 8 trash bags full of clothes. I still would like to get rid of about 2 or 3 more bags, but I think 8 is a good start. I was going to take a picture of the back of my van FULL of bags, but I didn't. My husband was running me out the door to get all the clothes gone.

I did have a "freak out" when I was going through my clothes. We have decided that we are not going to try for any more children in the near future. We are happy with our family the way it is, and we aren't ready to have another due to the shear numbers and money. Kids tend to get more expensive as they get older, and we want to make sure we can provide for the two we have before having another. So when going through the clothes, I thought it would be a good time to get rid of my maternity clothes. I started to freak thinking that as soon as they were gone, I'd find out I was pregnant. I called him back and made him tell me it was okay to get rid of them. FYI, they did go with the rest of the clothes to the thrift store.

Please Murphy's Law don't come knockin' on my door!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand how hard it is to get rid of stuff. My sisters and I helped clean out my aunts and our grandparents place after they passed. It was soooo hard I wanted to keep everything because of the memories. I talked alot to my hubby, he was very suportive. Although he kept giving me a hard time telling me if I brought home anymore stuff he was moving me to the quonset. Good luck on the rest of your cleaning, thinking of you.

Amanda said...

HAHAHA! You are GUARANTEED to get pregnant now! With twins. Maybe triplets. Tell Aaron I said so.