Thursday, January 22, 2009

All You Need is Love

So I have been burning the midnight oil most nights this week, and I still hadn't had any inspiration for my blog. I have been in a bit of a rut. I am going to blame part of it on the little sleep I have had. I am going to blame the other part on being sick. Then I will tell you that if those things weren't an issue, I still would probably be in a rut. Maybe it is time to find a list of things that might be fun to blog about :p Needless to say, it's been slow going not only in my personal life and on my blog. However, I did find a little inspiration in the last couple of days.

As everyone in the world knows, the US has a new president. I have heard so many people talk about why they really like this guy and why they really don't like this guy. As I have watched the event unfold over the last few days, I have felt myself very hopeful about life as I know it. I find it amazing that our country has come so far. I find myself full of hope that if this man can become the President of the United States, my children can do whatever they set their minds to. It all of a sudden has hit home that it doesn't really matter where you come from and where you are. You can make a difference in the world, and there IS hope for the world. How amazing was it that you saw not only an African American running, but also you saw a woman running for both offices (president and vice president). However, I am getting off on my whole point of what I was going to blog about. Funny hu?

The thing I noticed the most was the love of the new First Family. Did you see the way this family acted around one another? You can just see the love. I loved watching the kids interact with their parents. I see my kids doing some of the same things as they grow up, and it is just so nice to see the normalcy of their family. Maybe it is seeing that with their family that makes me think they understand more what it is like to have a family with young kids. They are there now. They are doing it now. I don't know though. I just love seeing families like that though.

The thing that struck me the most was seeing how much Barack and Michelle loved each other in that day. You can just see the love they have for each other when they are around. It has been awhile (or I just haven't noticed) since I have seen a president really show affection the way he does. They way they play around with each other. I saw a clip (because we are in another time zone, and I didn't watch it all the first go around) of the two of them dancing around listening to the music in the parade. You saw how they talked, danced, and were with each other all day.

Making a long story short, I just hope that in another 10 years, my husband and I still have fun and show love the way you see them doing it. I hope that people can look at us and see the love and pride we have for one another. To me it is a wonderful goal to aspire to.

No comments: