Thursday, June 26, 2008

One Step Closer


So we are now one step closer to our move. Last week I went on post and got our stuff sent off for our no-fee passports. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to get them, but I'm glad all that info is there and being processed.

I have been thinking the last few weeks about how we are leaving the country soon, and how we will be leaving our lives behind here. I have never lived far from "home," and this will be the first time. Not only that, but put those on top of living outside the US.

Now please don't get me wrong. I am totally loving the idea of being over there. I am excited to get the chance to travel and live in a place that would be totally off limits if not for what is going on right now. How many people get the chance to move to another country without having to pay for the move? How many people end up with 3 years to travel around Europe?

I should just stop worrying about how things are going to change and just keep my eye on the positive things. I know the fact that my husband and I should be able to fly over together and do that all as a family helps. We will be embarking on this next step as a family, and we will finally get our "honeymoon" we never got. :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I don't think you should classify an intercontinental move as a "honeymoon." An adventure, yes. A honeymoon, probably not.

I do think you should be excited, but I also think you should allow yourself to feel all of the emotions. You're doing something very exciting and very scary, and a whole host of emotions come with that sort of experience.