Monday, June 16, 2008

On Sale?

So I have always hated the idea of stores that do the card thing. You know you shop with our card, and you get money off on that item that week. I feel like they raise prices just so you can "save" on the product(s) of the week. I know when we were in Oklahoma I could shop at the little store without all that stuff, and it would be at least 20 dollars cheaper than the other store with the card.

Anyway, this weekend I had it with my alarm clock. Something was off, and you couldn't get the mins to change really easy. It took me about 10 mins to change the alarm to the time I needed. After that, I knew I just needed to buy a new one. I wanted something that was portable, and I wanted it to work on batteries. The power goes on and off too much for me to get one that plugs in. I also like that I can take it anywhere if I need to.

Well, I was out and I forgot to look while I was at Target for a little alarm clock. We ended up at the mall, and I found one at Goodies. I love that store. I usually find some good bargains there. Anyway, I hadn't found anything in the store to buy while we were looking around. As we were getting ready to leave, I came across an alarm clock. It was on a rack and said 5 dollars. Now this is usually more than I pay for a travel alarm clock, but it had the LED lights instead of the little one that light from the side. Upon looking at it further, I realized it had settings for time, date, alarm, timer, and temp. Each setting had a different LED color. I thought why not.

After I got it to the van, I pulled it out to look at it a bit further. I noticed on the bottom was a price tag for 40 bucks!! WHAT?! Okay, so I thought 5 dollars was pushing it on buying it, but 40? Who in their right mind would pay 40 bucks for a travel alarm clock? I sure as heck wouldn't. Maybe that is why there were so many there.

No comments: