Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's Just One of Those Days

A friend of mine in college use to listen to a song on really bad days. It had a few choice words in it, so I won't quote it all, but it had something to do with it being one of those days and not wanting to wake up. If you want to sum up my day...that would be it. I wish I didn't get out of bed, and the whole day didn't happen. Then again if I didn't get up, would that mean that tomorrow would really be today? If that is the case, I'm glad it is over, and I hope tomorrow isn't more of the same. Genevieve is headed to school, so I am hoping that being with her friends will help her some.

Today was a day of the kids having a cow (in 80s terms) all day. They were both in moods all day. Samuel was very fussy which is not normal. He didn't want to be put down, and he really didn't want to sleep. He did take a short nap with me holding him, but as soon and I went to move, the nap was over. Genevieve had thrown a royal temper tantrum the night before, and I think she was still just in that mood. She was still just in a mood. All day she'd push the limits, loose it, or just be a pest.

Now, please don't get me wrong. I love my kids. They are a blessing, and I am so thankful for them. It's on days like these though that I wish I could go back for just one total child free day. Just one day of sleeping until I wake up, watching my soap in peace, and not having to worry about anyone else but me. It seems like the last few days I have had little time for me and to calm myself after the long day. I know this is just how it is, but sometimes it's just hard. It's not always easy being a single mom. I'm just very thankful for the help I have right now.

Ahh the joys of being a parent. What was I thinking?! If my hubby were here he'd look at me, and in an annoying voice (trying to imitate me) would say, "I wanna baby." I'm keeping my fingers crossed, saying a prayer, and hoping the planets align just right so tomorrow will be better.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Aww, I'm sorry for such a hard day. I don't care how much you love your kids -- sometimes you just need a break. And now you live where you once sent your kid for that break, so lady, you're screwed. :)

Here's hoping those planets align!

Anonymous said...

I think that each parent has those days. At least I know I do. Sometimes I get my husband convinced to watch our kid for just a little while and I go soak in the tub. It might only be 20 min. before my kid shows up with tub toys in hand and a trail of clothes down the hallway. But it does help me relax. Hope your day is going better.