Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Life and Diet Update

So I know I didn't really do much in blog land recently. I have been out of town and fighting sickness all around my family. It started with Genevieve who brought it home from school. One night of her coughing on me all night, I have it. And if I have it, Samuel has it. So we are passing it around. She's been doing much better, but Samuel and I not so much. We have had horrible coughs and my throat has been really sore. I went to the ER last night to see if anything was wrong because by 8:00 pm I couldn't eat, drink, or swallow without sever pain.

They did a Strep test, Mono test, and then looked at all that. They said it wasn't either. So they said they could put me on antibiotics and if it gets better, then it was bacterial, and if not, there isn't anything but time that would make it better because it would be a virus. I told them to shoot me up.

I am happy to report that I am feeling a bit better today. My throat is still real sore, but I can swallow, drink, and even eat soft foods again. I still have a cough, but I got some over the counter stuff that seems to really be working.

Now onto the diet. Yesterday was my first weigh in since starting Weight Watchers again. Because I'm nursing, the points were so high. I decided to do the core plan. This pretty much gives you a list of foods, and tells you that you can eat those foods without worrying as long as you don't over do it. This is usually an issue for me, but I have put my mind to eating just enough and not stuffing my face. I need to make that change in my life, and now is as good of time as any.

So for the results...I lost 8 lbs this week. They made me get off the scale to zero it again just to make sure. After they did, it still said 8 lbs. So, week 1 was a good start. Now just to keep it up. Maybe I will loose 15 lbs before I go see my husband after all.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats on the weight loss, and I'm sorry about all the sickness!
Passing around illness is the worst part of school. Not fun...

Anonymous said...

totally random i know...but i am kmac on cinc. i just clicked on your blog cause blogs are a recent addiction :) and noticed you were doing the core plan. i started it back in december when DH left on deployment and have lost 28 pounds. so i just wanted to wish you luck and let you know if you ever had questions to shoot me a pm. :)