Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Bath Strike is OVER

I haven't blogged about the ongoing bath strike that has been going on. It started about the time my husband left for school. Genevieve didn't want anything to do with a bath. She wouldn't get it. I would have to put her in, and she would just stand there screaming. I tried giving her a bath with me in the tub, no luck. I tried a shower, no luck. The only thing I found that worked was to let her stand outside the tub. I'd strip her down, and then I'd wash her off and rinse her right there.

So last night I got ready to do the quick wash down, and she actually got in the tub. So I put just a little water in the bottom and she did fine for about 5 mins, and she wanted out. So tonight I decided to keep the trend going.

At dinner I said something about taking a bath. Before I knew it she was over in the living room taking off her clothes so she could get in the tub. She went back and after a little hesitation, she got in and started to play. I washed her off, she played some more. I rinsed her off, she was still playing. We sang the "June and Rocket Dance" song, and she played. She got cold, and we added more warm water. After about 30 mins, I just pulled the plug, and she played until the last drop of water left the tub.

I am so glad it's over. I was tired of trying to convince her she needed a bath. It's very hard to explain to a 2 year old why you need a bath. Now I hope it keeps up.

No comments: